Our farm was first mentioned in 1502. The first owner’s name was Ulrich Dosserunder. The farm house, called “Zerundt”, consisted of barns and stables, herb garden, fields, meadows and forests. Over the years, up to today the farm changed the owner 18 times.
In March 2006, we – Walter and Judith – took over the farm from our father Richard and are now owners of the farm. In 2005 the farm was renovated. We refurbished the old apartments and transformed them into cosy and modern accommodations with one or two bedrooms. Furthermore, we built an inviting lounge and a playroom for our young guests.
Today’s farm includes 9 hectares meadows and 4 hectares forest, a farm garden, 40 cattle, calves, dogs, pigs, cats, and several other small animals (guinea pigs, rabbits, goats, ponies, etc.)
On the Alpe di Siusi we have leased 10 hectares of meadows that are mowed each year in late July. Our farm is located above Castelrotto (“Oberdorf”) about 2.3 km from the centre and at 1,200 m above sea level. We are surrounded by a lovely landscape and enjoy a very quiet location in the midst of meadows and forests – an ideal starting point for hikes.